We want you to have an idea about how the process of admissions will go, so we've provided the steps below. It begins with making an informed decision.We are happy to provide additional information upon request.
Learn about Greenville Christian School.
The more you get to know about us, the easier it will be to determine if we are a good fit for your family and your student. More...
We encourage you to look over this entire website with the future in mind. Call the office, and attend one of our Meet GCS events. We'll be happy to give you a tour of the campus and arrange for you to meet your child's potential teacher(s). Like us on Facebook to get a taste of school life. Read over the student handbook. There are standards of behavior and academics that must be met for both admission and to maintain enrollment. At this time, we cannot accommodate significant learning differences. We offer referrals to a local Christian education program that accommodates learning differences.
We have monthly "Meet GCS" luncheons that last only one hour. You'll get a thumbnail sketch of the school, learn our vision, hear from alumni and parents, plus you'll get a tour of the campus. Call our office to learn more and to RSVP, 903-454-1111. You may also RSVP by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applcations may be picked up at this time.
Secondary applications require student character references as well as input from the student. Applications are now online. Apply by clicking here on this link.
Here are some things to consider:
- Your student will be loved, prayed for, and encouraged. We know every child as an individual in our GC EagleNation community.
- Our community is one of cooperation between students, families and staff with the goal of creating a successful outcome for every student.
- One of the requirements for admission is for at least one parent/guardian to be a Christian that is devoted to following Christ and integrates their Christian faith into their everyday personal, professional and family lives.
- Families making application are expected to be active members of a church. We are Christian community, and the church is a central part of our lives.
- A note about students who will be transferring from another school: Generally speaking, students who are suspended from another school or who have been in legal trouble or are currently violating Greenville Christian School policies are not eligible for admission. School community is very important to our families, and cooperation is key to an environment that supports learning.
Beginning with admission to Grade 1, prospective students will take an academic assessment test so that we can best determine appropriate placement. More...
Testing results will be discussed with the family, the related principal and the related faculty (if needed) so that your child can achieve his/her personal best.
An in-depth conversation will help both the school and the family determine if we are a good fit for a partnership. More...
Prosective families and students will interview with the Head Administrator to discuss the student's needs, the family's expectations, faith, academics, leadership, and the reason enrollment is desired..
If there is agreement between the Head Master and the family, the student(s) will be presented to the Admissions Commitee for acceptance. More...
In most cases, the family will be notified within a few days of the interview.
Tuition payments and fees will be calculated, and the first payment is due prior to admission.