Science is the basis for understanding our physical world, as well as cause and effect relationships. At GC, it is the study of God's creations. In our new state-of-the-art science lab, students are able to experiment, learn and experience God's world from the elements of chemicals to the study of life. The information is not presented in dry, lecture format. To the contrary, science is one of the favorite subject for GC students. Duel credit Biology provide students with college level information and credits. In recent years, two GC teachers have been honored by the NE Texas Regional Air Force Association as Science Teachers of the Year for the excellent instruction and hands-on learning envrionments they provide. Students perform exceptionally well at Science Fair competitions.
For students to be prepared to excel throughout their lives, they will need excellent skills in technology, both practical and conceptual. GC provides computer and software training beginning in PK4. Students in elementary learn the basics to lay a great foundation and then over time advance to game programming and common uses for relevant software. This year's High School clases are learning the following:
- Technology class focused on foundational computer science concepts and computational practices. Time will be spent learning both Microsoft and Google Tools. These tools will be used as we explore various topics in computer science.
- Software Productivity Tools - Students will demonstrate proficiency in creating, communicating and collaborating ideas using both Microsoft and Google tools.
- Human Computer Interaction - Students will experiment with internet search techniques, explore a variety of websites and web application and discuss issues of privacy and security.
- Problem Solving - Students will be given opportunities to become "computational thinkers" by applying a variety of problem solving techniques as they create solutions to problems.
- Web Design - Students will be introduced to planning and creating web pages.
- Programming - Students create programming solutions using an interactive development process.
At GC, BEST Robotics is an extra-curricular activity. Students participate in a competition in which they are provided with parts and challenged to create a robot that will perform so well that it beats other robots in the competition. Students learn about robots, and they also learn about teamwork.